Strategies of Double Attack
Double attack blackjack is basically a variation of the famous Spanish 21 which pays even money on the game. The players should learn to play blackjack in order to have the chance during the game to double their initial bet after they see the up card of the dealer.
Also, there is an interesting side bonus which is offered in the game which is known as "bust it". This bet is on whether the dealer would bust on the third card or not. The side bet has to be made before the up card is dealt to the dealer and the payout on the bet would be based on the rank of the card which is being dealt. The bet would only be paid if the dealer does bust on the 3rd card.
In double attack blackjack, the point values of the cards remain the same like in standard blackjack. A Spanish deck of 48 cards is used in the game, without the four tens. Also, like in normal blackjack, the player should remember about some specific rules: he/she would win if the total of his/her cards is higher than that of the dealer without exceeding 21. Dealers would still win a push. Any hand of the player, where the total is more than 21, the hand would bust and the player would automatically lose.
Double attack blackjack strategy
It is very important to note that the basic strategy for double attack blackjack would be quite different than normal blackjack and even from the other variations of the game mainly because a Spanish deck of 48 cards is used in the game. There are no tens in the game. Also, according to the statistics, the player must only raise in the game when the up card of the dealer is two through eight.
- In double attack blackjack, with hard totals of two through eight, the player should always hit.
- Even with a hard total of 9, the best thing to do is to hit except when the dealer six in which case the player should double.
- Always double with a total of 10 and eleven.
- However, if the hard total is ten and if the dealer shows an ace, nine or a ten then the best thing to do is to hit.
- With totals of 12 and 13, the player should always hit.
- With a total of 14, stand only if the dealer has a 4, 5 or 6.
- With totals of 15 and 16, stand only when the dealer shows 2 through 6, otherwise hit.
- With hard totals of 17 to 21, always stand.
- Always hit with soft totals of 13 through 15.
- With a soft total of 16, double against a 6 otherwise always hit.
- With a soft 17, double against 4, 5 or 6 otherwise always hit.
- With a soft total of 18, stand against 2, 3, 4, 7 or 8.
- Double against 5 or 6 otherwise hit.
- For soft totals of 19, 20 and 21 always stand.
These were the basic strategies for double attack blackjack. Only a little practice is required in order to master these basic strategies.
It is exciting to play blackjack online though sometimes you want to try something new of course: different blackjack variations given here and at blackjacktactics.com will help to solve this problem for every gambler.